Thursday 22 May 2008

Climb of Nevado Pisco (5752m), Cordillera Blanca, Peru

My dad and I climbed Mt Pisco in 4 days. We were taken right up to 3900m my minivan where we went for a walk and camped the night. Day 2 we woke up early and hauled our stuff to base camp. Day 3 we walked to high camp and camped at 4900m. Day 4 we left at 1.40am under a full moon, and after 7 hours we were on the summit. We walked back to the road that same day and took another minivan back to civilization.Our tents at basecamp (4660m) with Pisco in the background.

Pisco. We climbed the ridge from the left side.

Nevado Huandoy (6395m) in sunrise.

My dad ascending the ridge around 6am.

Our tracks coming down the highly glaciated summit cap.

My dad looking out over the highest mountain in peru (the rounded one at the back) - Nevado HuascarĂ¡n - southern peak the rounded one at the back (6768m) and northern peak on the right in front (6655m).

My dad on the summit. Chacraraju (6112m) is directly behind and PirĂ¡mide (5885m) to the left.

No comments: